Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Per Jessen Per Jessen is offline

Default How to I subtract two dates & times to obtain a time

Hi

Format column C as Custom: and in the 'type' field enter: [t]:mm

Now you can simply subtract the two cells with a formula like this:

=B1-A1

Regards,
Per

"msbutton27" skrev i meddelelsen
Hi folks, I have hopefully what will be a quick and easy question.

I have two colums (A & B) that hold two date and time values, a start and
complete time.
Jul 19 2009 08:30 Jul 19 2009 12:54

I want to be able to find out the actual time difference, for example
above
would show 4:24 hours.

In some cases the start and complete dates could be a day or 2 apart,
therefore I would want the output to be displayed in hour format, for
example:

Jul 17 2009 08:30 Jul 19 2009 12:54

Column C should be 52:24 hours.

Is there a way to do this.