Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jay Jay is offline

Default I want to align some entries in consecutive rows like Word tab

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the prompt response. Just trying to figure out how exactly I
would apply your suggestion. Do I put it under "custom" under format cell?
Sorry, not really an Excel user here. I also have Excel 2000 if that makes a
difference.

Thanks.

Jay

"Luke M" wrote:

Depending on your data, one workaround is to use a custom format of
" "@
to force a set amount of spaces before your text, or you can use helper
columns with a formula similar to:
=REPT(" ",8)&A2
or
=A2&REPT(" ",8)

to force set indentation amounts.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Jay" wrote:

I would like to align some entries in consecutive rows but can't see to do it
in Excel. I would like to be able to use an equivalent of the MS Word tabs
such that all entries are perfectly aligned in rows. Please help.

Thanks.