Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lumpkinbd lumpkinbd is offline

Default Conditional Formatting Problem

Ok, here's what I'm trying to do....
I want to use conditional formatting to fill in a pair of cells depending on
what info is expressed in just one.

Example:
Due date Status
Jan. 10 Paid

Now the base cells I am using are a todays date cell (L3)
PAID cell (L4)
The first due date cell is A3 and status B3

Here are the formulas I have figured for A3 and B3 to do what I want
=$A$3<=$L$3 (Will Red fill the due date when it has past)
=$B$3=L4 (will Black out Status when paid)
now if I use those same formulas in both cells then it will make them both
the same.

If due date is past I want both cells to be red fill black text.
If status is Paid then I want both cells to be Black fill with black text.

Now I know how to do this pair by pair, but I need to do this with like 200
cells and I can't figure a way to progress the formatting.

I just want to know if there is some way I can put the formulas in once and
then make the formatting progress down the line:

A2<=L3
B2<=L3
etc...