Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Relle Relle is offline

Default If function not working correctly

Hi I'm using Excel 2003
Formula
=IF(F2=SUM(G2:U2),"Balanced","Not Balanced")
F2 and G2:U2 are all sum functions.

The formula seems to work fine then all of a sudden I get a "Not Balanced"
when the values are correct. I'm using 2 decimal places and have ensured the
whole page is set as this.

I use a separate spreadsheet each month and the problem normally comes up
towards the bottom of the page, (normally about 300 row entries), but this
month it's cropped up after 6 rows. Previously I've been able to delete a few
rows, type in a few other entries, then re-type the amounts that were causing
the problem again and it seems to fix it.
Not today though.
Any suggestions.
Thanks

--