Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default How to determine the text selection?

Ah, if you want to return the source col A as well into col E, just point the
INDEX part to col A, viz, in E1:
=IF(ROW()COUNT(C:C),"",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(C:C, ROW()),C:C,0)))
Copy down. Solved? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"Eric" wrote:
There is the result for your suggestions as shown below, but I would like to
select BOY for 1 and return in cell E1, APPLE for 2 and return in cell E2,
and APPLE for 3 and return in cell E3, there is missing the selection process
based on your formula, which is the tough part and I don't know how to do it.
Do you have any suggestions on how to do it in Excel?