Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Date/time difference

=TEXT(B1-A1,"d \da\y\s, h \hr\s m \mi\n\s")

"Caroline" wrote:

Hello,
I have a worksheet with 2 columns with date and time. I want to calculate
the difference between date 1 and date 2. The way it is now, I have a formula
that says:
=(B1-A1)*24 and this gives me a result in hours and decimal (for example
7.98).
However, I would like the result to show as #of days/#of hours/#minutes.
Most results will be 0 day but for results with more than one day (24 hours)
I would rather not have for example 120.5 hours but instead "5 days, 3 hours
and 4 minutes" (or whatever it is)...
Any way I can do that?
Thank you,
Caroline