Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John Gregory John Gregory is offline

Default formula for several arguments results in 1 cell

I will try my best to describe what I am trying to do he
I have 3 tabs, tab 1 - Summary, tab 2 - Room Data, tab 3 - data
Tab 1 I have a cell I want to show the result of several things that occur
on Room Data tab. I want to total like area types, then check it against if
it should be totaled as beds, or rooms. If a bed then it will look in a range
for what a bed has for scfm usage then find it's simultanious use factor and
multiply it against how many beds there are and do this for each different
type of area. I am thinking I need to just create a cell to calculate each
type of conditions I am looking for, then total all the O2scfm and have the
cell on the summary tab look at that cell. If I try to create formula or even
a macro, this could get lengthy.
Any ideas? it sounds like maybe a macro would work better in this case.