Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Minimum Date Greater than Today()

Try this array formula**.

Assuming no text in the range.

=IF(COUNTIF(F6:F10,"<"&TODAY())=ROWS(F6:F10),"Full y
Vested",MIN(IF(F6:F10=TODAY(),F6:F10)))

key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JulesMacD" wrote in message
Hi Shane:

How would you modify this formula if you wanted it to evaluate a range of
cells (F6:F10) but if all the dates were prior to today, it would return
the
text in cell F11 (which is 'fully vested')?

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

If you mean first date starting from the top of a range, then

=INDEX(A1:A10,MATCH(1,(A1:A10=TODAY())*ISNUMBER(A 1:A10),0))

Intered as an array. The ISNUMBER excludes the possibility of text
entries
in the range.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"VickiMc" wrote:

I wanted to write a formula that will find the first date (min) in a
range
that is greater/higher than =today()?
The Match function only likes to return a result less than <today().
My range is non-consecutive cells (Every Fifth column of 240 Columns)
in a
row, with multiple cells that would return Greater than today().
And I want the formula to stop evaluating at the first TRUE result.