Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
eed eed is offline

Default Formatting Percentages/LOOKUP using a Percentage

I have a column in a spreadsheet in which I need to return a letter
sequence/"score".

The sequence is based on two criteria:
1. LOOKUP - for which the reference data is a list of percentages in the
following format: 1.00%.
2. A column containing a formula which calculates a percentage.

The letter sequence/score will not generate, and shows as #N/A.
I have tried copy/paste special values to remove the formula, but the
sequence will still not generate because the percentages are in the following
format: 1.000000000000000%.

I have to manually re-key the percentage for every cell in order to get the
score to generate in the 'score' column.

Please help - thanks!