Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default If and Lookup

Oops.. I missed the second part; and Conditional Formatting as mentioned by
Max..

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(B2,Sheet2!A:A,0)),"X",A2)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try the below. Sheet2A:A contains the other table

Col A Col B Col C
1 One =IF(ISNA(MATCH(B2,Sheet2!A:A,0)),"",A2)
2 Two
3 Three
4 Four
5 Five

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"bruster" wrote:

I want to return cell value A when cell value B is found in a range of cells
in a separate one column of values. If cell value A is not found in the
range I want a red capital "X" returned. I think this would involve an IF
function combined with some type of LOOKUP, but I'm not sure. Can someone
help?
--
Bruce Kollister