Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Find last column matching criteria

Check out the wonderful function SUMIF!
Actuals:
=SUMIF(B5:M5,"Actual",B8:M8)
Projected:
=SUMIF(B5:M5,"Projected",B8:M8)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"KCK" wrote:

Hello, I have a spreadsheet tracking actual and projected costs. I need to
sum the rows where the header indicates "Actual" and, separately, where the
header indicates "Projected".
Example:
Cells B5:H5 contain the text "Actual"
Cells I5:M5 contain the text "Projected"
Cells B6:M6 contains a date showing the month & year.
Cells B7 through M7 contain numeric data.
Each month data is added to the next column and that columns Row 5 is
changed from "Projected" to "Actual".
I need Column N to SUM row 8 for all columns that contain "Actual" in Row 5
and Column O to sum row 8 for all columns that contain "Projected" in row 5.
This is a simple example of a large spreadsheet. It actually contains
several years of data that I will need to create these SUM columns for each
fiscal year. I am thinking if I can identify the last column within that
fiscal year that shows "Actual" in row 5 I can create the SUM formula based
on the column numbers.
Thanks for any help you can provided.