Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
The Pegster[_2_] The Pegster[_2_] is offline

Default how do I link data between worksheets when data is transposed?

Well, I'm sure this may work, but i can't seem to copy it correctly? When
you say Sheet 1 and Sheet 2, am I supposed to call it that? or use the name
of the sheet?
When I follow your directions I get a circular reference error...
What I have exactly is on the second worksheet in my Book is the main data
(sheet name is ASCADS), consisting of 217 rows with 57 columns (A thru CE),
each row is the source for the transposed data that I have on individual
sheets. Sheet one of my book is other data. I hope this makes sense?
thanks for trying

"T. Valko" wrote:

Maybe something like this...

On Sheet1 you have:

........A...
1.....x
2.....y
3.....z

On Sheet2 you want:

......A.....B.....C
1...x......y......z

Enter this formula on Sheet2 A1 and copy across to C1:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$A1:$A3,COLUMNS($A1:A1))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"The Pegster" <The wrote in message
I have a wksheet with 217 rows of wx stations. I transposed the data for
each individual wx station to a more easily read column format. I would
like
to link the data so that if I make a change on the original "row" wksheet,
it
changes on the individual station wksheet. I can do it cell by cell
individually, but I'm thinking there must be a way to do it more
efficiently?
When I try to "paste special", the box for "paste link" is no longer
selectable when I tell it to transpose the data....I am using Microsoft
Excel
2007 with Window XP.