Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default show row number in one fixed cell in reference to your cursor

Disable macros. Quit Application and reopen the file and check whether it
works?

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Howard" wrote:

Thank you so much. it is workable but ss there any other method beside using
macro?

In actual fact, i received one file and in the cell A1, there is one formula
as =cell("row") but i couldn't find any macro created in the file.

When i placed my cursor at cell A115, cell A1 will display 115. I am still
figuring how to do it beside using macro.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Right click the sheet tabView code and paste the below code in the right
code panel. Try selecting cells...

Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("A1") = Target.Row
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Howard" wrote:

For example,
key in this formula cell("row") in cell A1
when you move your cursor to Cell B9
cell A1 will display "9" = row 9 where ur cursor being placed at