Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JT Spitz JT Spitz is offline

Default worksheet is set up for 2 decimal places but format changes

I don't think you got my question. I want to find a way that when I format a
cell as Accounting, 2 decimal places, I don't have to go back in to reformat,
if such a way exists. If not, I can also go in and change the format back to
Accounting from the Automatic change Excel makes to fraction. I just want to
not have reformat due to excel's insistence that I want a fraction when I
don't.

It seems that if my starting format is general I don't have this issue, but
with at least Accounting, I do.

Thanks.

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

Highlight the cells/columns you expect to use and go to Formt/Cells, change
to PErcentage...

"JT Spitz" wrote:

I have worksheet that I set up to be 2 decimal places using Accounting
format. I changed one column to reflect dates which is not a problem. What
is a problem is that in one of the cells where I want a number, the result of
putting in 300/3750 (I'm trying to figure the sales tax rate) I get 2/25
instead of .08. This is excel 2000. How can I get this to display properly
without my having to override every time?

Thanks.