Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ronnie Ronnie is offline

Default Function

I'm still working on getting the VLOOKUP to work. I must be doing something
wrong.
--
Ronnie

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Why not insert a column beside the old township numbers and use VLOOKUP() to
lookup the new numbers.

Lookup value would be Sheet old!townshipname

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Ronnie" wrote:

I have a list of information that I have imported to a worksheet. In this
list here is a column of Townships coded as numbers. I have created a list
of the townships on another sheet (township-names) with the corresponding
number in another column. Is there a function that I can use to look up the
township name and replace the number in the original worksheet which I have
imported?
--
Ronnie