Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default how to auto extract item# upon entering a date

I just put one date in A2 and i got the results in b2:b4, even though i did
not enter any dates from A3 onwards.

Yes, of course. The results, btw are in col C, not col B. Col B is a helper
criteria col which can be hidden away (as mentioned in my response). Isn't
that how you wanted it extracted? The source item/multiple items
corresponding to that date input in A2 will be listed in col C, neatly
bunched at the top.
--
Max
Singapore
"Meeru" wrote:
thanks Max. i tried and i got the following:-
Date Items
2/4/2009 2 ABC
AEG
4 AEH