Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Recurring date formula

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,22)-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,4))

I did dome tinkering and was able to reduce that to:

=A1+28+((DAY(A1+35)<22)*7)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Enter the first date in a cell:

A1 = 1/21/2009 = 3rd Wed in Jan 2009

Enter this formula in A2 and copy down as needed:

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,22)-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,4))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Mc/" wrote in message
How can I create a formula which will results in setting recurring dates
when
copied down a column. I want the date to be on the 3rd Wednesday of each
month. Each row would be for a successive month. This is essentially
like
the process available in Outlook for scheduling appointments, set the
recurring criteria and it calculates the specific dates.