Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RIGGS RIGGS is offline

Default HELP PLEASE!!!

nevermind i figured it out.

=COUNTIF('July 09'!$B$2:$B$112,A20)

"RIGGS" wrote:

I am unable to get the my formula to work. it is returning the wrong result.
I need it to count how many times a number is refered to on another tab of
the same work book, I am trying to have it referance the cell were the number
appears on the 1st tab (the main sheet) and it will not refereance the actual
number of that cell unless i type the number in, below is the formula I am
ussing but is not working and suggestions???
=IF('July 09'!$B$2:$B$112='employee teller #'!A2,"1","0")