Barb R.

Did you try TRANSPOSE with what would be the whole 75x75 array? What did
that do?

"Michael Cantinotti" wrote:

Thank you for your reply Barb,

The problem with TRANSPOSE is that it is problematic to apply within a
triangular dataset.

E.g.:

0
2 0
3 2 0
1 5 3 0

If I have to recover the upper part of the matrix (above the 0s), I will
have to paste the function in each cell... I think I need something in
VBA. Maybe someone as already been faced with this problem ?

Michael

Barb R. wrote:
I would think that the TRANSPOSE array function would work for this. Use
Excel Help to find out more about the TRANSPOSE function.

Barb Reinhardt

"Michael Cantinotti" wrote:

hi,

I have to use a matrix that come from SPSS. I get a 75x75 symetric
matrix of distances between points (75 points). Zero are in the
diagonal. Only the lower part of the diagonal is diplayed. I exported
this matrix in Excel.

I am trying to recreate the full matrix (I need this for special
calculus). Is there a way to automate this (I would like to avoid
copy-past transpose, in order to avoid errors) ?

Point X12 should have the same value of X21, same applies for X13 and
X31, etc.

Any idea ? Thks,

Michael