Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Darius Darius is offline

Default change of cells address

I need to write the path and workbook name and when I write it while the file
is closed then gives an error #value and when the file get open then the
error replace with right naswer but again if I close the files and open the
required file and not the source file the error is reamined there. Any
suggestion?

"JLatham" wrote:

You could look at the OFFSET() function.

In this example, I've skipped the path and workbook name, and just used the
worksheet and cell address, but you should get the idea:
=OFFSET(T30!$F$23,-6,0)
would be the same as
=T30!$F$17

"Darius" wrote:

I have a data sheet value as:
C:\me2\wa\sourcefile\[st_T_0.xls]T30!$F$23
C:\me2\wa\sourcefile\[st_T_10.xls]T30!$F$33
C:\me2\wa\sourcefile\[st_T_20.xls]T30!$F$43

now I want to get data in same sheet (T30) from F17, G17,H17,I17 in other
words each time "F" cell number minues 6 makes the first required cell
address e.g. F23 - 6 = F17 and then G17 etc.

How do I do that in an easy way?