Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
thanks thanks is offline

Default Can SUMPRODUCT be made to ignore text

Ok...If there is a text value in the ranges that are being multiplied I get a
#Value. How do I make the formula work in there is a text value in the range
that is being multiplied..

"Stefi" wrote:

Yes, but you asked SUMPRODUCT and not multiplier operator and
=SUMPRODUCT(A1:A2,B1:B2)
returns 6.

Stefi

€˛Thanks€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I guess when you break it down SUMPRODUCT works like A1*A2 where the
criteria are met. (The text value is not it the criteria)

If A1 = Dog andB1 =2 then A1*B1= #value, but
If A2 = 2 and B2 = 3 then A2*B2= 6

"Stefi" wrote:

SUMPRODUCT works in this way without any additional measure (I tested it in
Excel 2003)!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Thanks€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hi
My Sum range occasionally has text included in it, is there a a way to make
sum product ignore the test when evaluating?