Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default changing the address of data in a cell

In find/replace options select Workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 07:13:01 -0700, Darius
wrote:

Thanks

How do I do it for the whole file if I have mutiple sheets in it and do not
want to do it sheet by sheet?

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Highlight the whole sheet by clicking on the box which intersects the
row and column labels, and then do Find and replace (CTRL-H):

Find what: [2005.xls]AA340
Replace with: [1995.xls]AB623
click replace all

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 3, 12:22 am, Darius wrote:
I have several sheets in a file and cells in the sheets read data from
different other excel files. In some cells in each sheet (hard to find one by
one) the address is for example:

='D:\Gaines\Sourcefiles\Wet\Result\[2005.xls]AA340501'!E6

I want to change the address to:

='D:\Gaines\Sourcefiles\Wet\Result\[1995.xls]AB623501'!E6

I have to add that I have data in different cells not just E6. Instead of
cell by cell how can change the address (like above example) for the whole
sheet?

Appreciate your help