Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Checking one cell, if number is a range then this

I will assume that you don't really want to exclude data values between 7
and 7.01, or between 14 and 14.01.

Try =IF(A1<=7,1,IF(A1<=14,2,IF(A1<=21,3,"result undefined")))
You might also try =CEILING(A1/7,1)
or =ROUNDUP(A1/7,0)
--
David Biddulph

"Jenn" wrote in message
I need help entering a formula and have no idea how to do it. Thanks in
advance. I want to calculate how many batches of batter I need for baking
certain sized cakes.

I have one column that calculates the total cups of batter I need per pan
size. If that number is less than or equal to 7 I need it to display "1",
if
it's 7.01 to 14 I need it to display "2", if it's 14.01 to 21 I need it
display "3'.

Please help! Thanks