Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default How do I sequentially number indvidual worksheets?

Are we talking worksheets or workbooks? When you open a new document you
want what to increment by 1? Since the default name of a workbook is always
Book1... what would be the point of renaming it to Book4 or whatever since
you generally wouldn't call a workbook by that name anyway?

It is not at all clear what you want to renumber or when you want to
renumber them? Suppose I open a workbook to look at it, not to change it, do
you really want to insert a new sheet and rename it? Besides sheets are
automatically incremented when you insert them. Although those names,
Sheet1, Sheet2,... are rather useless.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Soo" wrote:

I want to have a job sheet that each time I open a new document the number
changes by +1 automatically?