Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chris Chris is offline

Default Percentage Calculation

Thanks to all. Just what I was looking for. Chris

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Rounding should work. Try:

=round(c11,2)-round(c10,2)

Regards,
Fred

"Chris" wrote in message
thank you- It worked on that one, but there are others that it did not
work.
Wondering if there one formula that would work on all. The other one is
(73%)72.640 - (80%)80.336 which comes up 8 with that formula. Thanks
again.

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

Try this

=INT((C10-C11)*100)/100

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Chris" wrote in message
I am trying to calculate the difference between two percentages but
it's
using the full decimal which is not the result I need. For example, I
have
77% and 76%. I want the result to be 1% but because it is using the
full
decimals (77%= 77.270) and (76%=75.639) it's calculating 2%. The
calculation
is correct, but how can I create the formula so it comes out as 1%? I
tried
rounding up/down, but not working.
Any help is appreciated.
Chris