Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michelle Michelle is offline

Default Resizing cells to fit text returned by VLOOKUP

Yes, I do mind. I get lots of stroppy replies if I post similar requests to
more than one group, and often a question is relevant to more than one
group - as in this case - you can see how it is relevant to Functions, and
Misc, but also there might be a VBA solution. So posting to multiple groups
in such a way that any replies appear in all groups is a generally prefered
ettiquette.

Why do you have a problem with it? Others have recommended it as the right
way.

M :)

"Joerg Mochikun" wrote in message
Would you mind to limit your request to ONE newsgroup?
Joerg

"Michelle" wrote in message
I have some VLOOKUPs which sometimes return 50 or 60 characters (they're
in merged cells). I want the text to wrap, and the cell to enlarge to fit
the text - Just like it does whan you type it in, but somehow, because it
is being returned from a formula it just displays the bottom line of the
wrapped text, and doesn't resize the row.

Anyone know how I cam make it fit?

I'm happy to use a VBA solution if there's no built in way to make it
happen automatically.

Thanks