Biff

Hi!

Why not just reverse the Find/Replace operation: Find "C" replace with "S".

Messing with the registry and changing undo levels costs memory!

Another possible option: Close the file without saving

Biff

"Jane" wrote in message
I highlighted a column that contained a simple formula in a very large
spreadsheet. I used REPLACE function to replace the cell locations in the
formula so that I didn't have to re-type the formula with the new cell
locations.

I wanted to change the formula from =SUM(S6:S20). I wanted to change the
formula to =SUM(C6:C20). I used REPLACE to do this before.

THIS time, the REPLACE function changed cells - formulas and text -
outside
of my highlight resulting in ALL of the S's on the spreadsheet to a C.
ex.
the word submit was changed to "cubmit" and any formulas with a S cell
location changed to a C cell location.

any thoughts?

thank you in advance! jane