Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default How to use ERROR.TYPE in an IF function?

You should trap the error at source. That particular error comes from
trying to divide by zero, so if you have a formula like:

=A1/B1

and B1 can be zero or blank, then you can trap it using a formula like
this:

=IF(B1=0,"",A1/B1)

This will return a blank, but you could use 0 instead of "" in the
formula if you prefer.

SUM will ignore blanks.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 3, 12:28*am, ramudo wrote:
I am getting error message #DIV/0! - How can I use ERROR.TYPE in an IF
function to bypass this error so that I can sum a column? *OR, is there a
better way to achieve the same result? *Thank you.