Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default ? IF & GOTO ?

Karen

I did that and it works but only in J7

Where do you want it work and where do you want to jump to?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 12:27:06 -0700, Karen D
wrote:

I did that and it works but only in J7. I went to the code and tried taking
out the $ but that doesn't work (a total stab in the dark on my part). Any
suggestions?

"Mike H" wrote:

Karen.

Right click the sheet1 sheet tab and view code. paste the code below in on
the right hand side. Close VB editor and you should be OK.

If Target.Address < "$J$7" Then Exit Sub
If ucase(Target.Value) = "YES" Then
Application.Goto Sheets("Sheet3").Range("C2")

Mike

"Karen D" wrote:

No, not ready for VB (as much as I would like to be). What I am trying to
do: A person selects "Yes" or "No" in cell J7 on sheet1. If "yes" is
selected, I would like cursor to jump to sheet3 C2. Somehow if I could tell
it "IF J7=YES, GOTO Sheet3!C2" - am I making sense?

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

You can't do that with a formula, you need VB. Are you ready for that? If
you are then post back and we'll show you how but will need a bit of an
explanation of what your trying to do.

Mike

"Karen D" wrote:

I thought that might work but it doesn't bring the curose to that cell in
Sheet2, it pulls whatever value is in that cell...there used to be a "goto"
function I thought...?

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Maybe this

=IF(A7="Yes",Sheet2!A1,Sheet3!A1)

Mike

"Karen D" wrote:

If a condition is met in a cell (A7='Yes'), I want it to go to another sheet
in the sameworksheet. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?