Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Richard Richard is offline

Default Average number between dates

No. There is never the same number on the same day. Thanks so much for your
help!!

"T. Valko" wrote:

Is it possible for a number to appear on a date more than once?

For example:

8/1/2009.....1.....5.....1.....3

1 appears twice on the same day.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Richard" wrote in message
I have a column of dates in Sheet1 Column A. In Sheet 2 Columns A thru J, I
have a list of random numbers. Is there a way to average each number that
comes up. For example: Sheet1 has a date of 8/1/09 with a "1" on
Sheet2.(=COUNTIF(Sheet1!B:F,"1") This gets me the number of "1"s Then the
"1"
does not show up again untill 8/5/09, then again on 8/6/09. A total of 3
"1"'s. I need a formula that shows the average time from the first "1" to
the
last "1". Thanks in advance!!!