Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Naming sheets from a cell value

this is what I was working from just want the dates to appear on the tabs in
reverse order from what this does..

"Don Guillett" wrote:

I don't see the first part of the thread but try

sub namesheets()
for i=1 to 12
sheets(i).name=sheets(i).range("a1")
next
end sub
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"kathy" wrote in message
can we take this abit farther? I'd like then tab names to come up in
reverse
order..is there away of doing this? e.g going from left to right December
the left and January to the far right? also if there is a date formula in
A1
how do I change the macro as it wants only to read text..

"kathy" wrote:

Hi ..I am really green at this.. could you please help me by starting
with
where to creat this macro .. I have tried.. cannot seem to make it happen

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

See

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/event...efromcell.html

In article ,
"Tony4X4" wrote:

Hi there,
Thanks for reading my question.
Is it possible to name a sheet from a cell value with in the sheet?
i.e. I
have 12 sheets, each sheet represents a month and the month value is
in cell
A1. Can I rename a sheet by refering to cell A1 instead of manually
renaming
the sheets to January, February etc.

Many thanks

Tony