Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jean D Jean D is offline

Default Built-In Data Form Doesn't Save Edits

I would love to use the Excel 2007 built-in data form for quick data entry
and edit without having to create a form of my own. However, if I do use it
and edit data in a record, the changes are only saved if I close the form
while I am still viewing the record I have changed. If I make edits and move
to any other record to work with or view it and then close the form, the
previous record's edits are lost. This means the data form is useless
because you would have to close it after each record's edit, re-open it back
on the first record, and step through to find your next record for edit. Was
it really meant to be used for viewing only or am I completely missing
something? Thanks!