Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
michelle michelle is offline

Default setting up spreadsheet

not sure i set this up right to begin with. i have more than one row for each
contact. right now each time i call, visit or send a letter to this contact i
add a row to make a note of date/type of contact/notes (in separate columns).
how do i keep each of the rows i add with the same contact so when i sort by
state all rows stay together with the contact?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

If you have one row for each contact simply sort by contact.

Select all columns before sorting.

Not sure what you mean by "add to" etc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 08:12:01 -0700, Michelle
wrote:

using excel for sales contact log. i have row for each contact. I have
several columns for each contact (name, co, address, phone ... date of
contact, type of contact, notes. how do i format so i can add to the "date of
contact" "type of contact" "notes" columns AND keep related info with same
contact for sorting? I apologize, not sure how to even ask what i'm trying to
accomplish. thanks in advance!