Peo Sjoblom

One way

assume that A1 holds the sstart date and A2 holds the number of days you
want to add to A1

=IF(WEEKDAY(A1+A2,2)5,(A1+A2)-WEEKDAY((A1+A2)-6),A1+A2)

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Bruce" wrote:

Hope I can explain this clearly. If this, or something like it, has been
answered before, please direct me to the post.

I have a worksheet in which I need to calculate the future date, one month
from the date in another cell, less one day. (ex. 5/18/2005 to 6/17/2005). If
the calculated day is a weekend (Saturday or Sunday) I need to return the
immediately previous Friday. So, if I am calculating the date based on an
original entry of 5/20/2005, the date may come back as 6/19/2005, a Sunday,
so I would instead need to get to 6/17/2005.

Presently I see that this would probably entail a LOT of nested functions to
cover February and the move from December to January, etc. Just wondering if
there's a simpler way to approach this (aside from just manually entering the
dates after visually determining the correct date).

Thanks in advance!