Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BLUV BLUV is offline

Default VLOOKUP and MID Function

I did try in in quotes, but couldn't get it to work. However, I though I
would try it again to see if I missed anything and I found something very
interesting.

I had to change the format of my cell(s) to General first, and then type in
the VALUE function with the quotes. Then it worked fine. When I had the
cell format as Text it would not work. Weird and painful...but I'm on my way
now.

Thank you for your time and help.
--
Bluv

"FatBytestard" wrote:

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:58:01 -0700, BLUV
wrote:

It probably is but I don't know what I need to do?

If you look at his response to you, he placed you lookup inside
quotation marks. Did you try that?