Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Vlookup finding subtotals only

You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Aug 31, 7:53*pm, deco wrote:
Thank you Pete, I'll remember to post my formula next time around. *

The =VLOOKUP(A1&" Total",Sheet2!A:G,7,0) did the trick.

Thanks for your help

"Pete_UK" wrote:
It's always useful to post the formula you have. I imagine it will
look like this:

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:G,7,0)

If you only want to get the subtotal row, then use this:

=VLOOKUP(A1&" Total",Sheet2!A:G,7,0)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 31, 7:10 pm, deco wrote:
I have the following:

Sheet 1 = Column A = account number (ex. 675000) = lookup_value

Sheet 2 = Column A-G subtotaled for Colunm A, by account = Table_array

Col_index # is for G (7)

My problem, sheet 1 column A is only the account #.

How can I have it find in sheet 2 the account subtotals?

It’s something to do with my sheet 1 account number since it doesn’t match
the table array “account # total” on sheet 2 for the lookup.

Thanks- Hide quoted text -