Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Seeking Improvement on excel function

Try this array formula** entered in B1:

=IF(ROWS(B$1:B1)COUNTIF(A$1:A$10,"<-"),"",INDEX(A$1:A$10,SMALL(IF(A$1:A$10<"-",ROW(A$1:A$10)),ROWS(B$1:B1))-ROW(A$1)+1))

key then hit ENTER.

Copy down to B10.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"wilchong via OfficeKB.com" <u43231@uwe wrote in message
Dear T. Valko,
Really sorry to make thing so complicated!, sorry about that! After
considering your suggestion, I have changed the database in order to make
the
thing simple.

One thing need your help, below is the database, I need a formula to
extract
all the data from A1 to A10.
............A
1.......TY
2.... -
3....ER
4....SX
5.... -
6.... -
7....SX
8....TY
9.... -
10......ER

The formula I wish to extract the data from A1 to A10 will show the result
as
follow: to list the data from B1 to B6:
............B
1...... TY
2... ER
3... SX
4... SX
5... TY
6.... ER
7.... -
8.... -
9.... -
10..... -

And again, from the previous experience you have shown me, I can use "=IF
(ROWS(B$1:B10)<=SUM(--(COUNTIF(..... " and then entered by "Shift +
Control
+ Enter". I also dragged the formula from B1 to B10. Of course, what I
tried
to do was failed. As a result, I need your advice.

Many thanks,
Wilchong

T. Valko wrote:
I don't see how O relates to 12 (OK)?

I thought you wanted the results that correspond to "OK"?

At this point I'm lost!

Dear T. Valko,
Sorry to make your life so difficult! Really sorry about that! Indeed,

[quoted text clipped - 26 lines]
Thanks for your advice,
Wilchong