Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Summing #N/A occurrences

Hi,

To eliminate NA# use this format for your vlookup

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(J1,A1:B11,2,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP(J1, A1:B11,2,FALSE))

Mike

"AtTheEndofMyRope" wrote:

I have a vlookup that returns a logical 1 if a value is present. If it
is not present, the lookup fails and I get an #N/A back.

So where I count up the 1s is fine, but I am having problems counting
up the number of "#N/A" occurrences I have in that row. It returns
"#N/A".

So, I would like to either nest the Vlookup in an IF so that I get back
a 0 when the lookup fails to find the referred search term, OR I would
like to simply tally the number of "#N/A" occurrences in that row.

These fail:

=SUMIF(L2:AB2,(ISNA))

This works, but isn't really what I want... I think.

=COUNTIF(L2:AB2,"#N/A")

I'd rather correct the errant return from the vlookup to give a 0 when
it fails to find the reference value.