Thread: Hyperlink Issue
View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  

Default Hyperlink Issue

This one isn't an Excel formula question so much as it is something weird that I'd like to figure out and get fixed. Even our computer network repair guys couldn't figure this one out, so it made me think maybe it has something to do with Excel, rather than the computer.

There are 6 computers on our office network. There is an enormous database with all of the customer information. The Customer name in column A of that database is hyperlinked to their folder on the network -- at everyone else's computer. The hyperlinks don't work for me.

My computer (or is it Excel?) is messing up the dang hyperlinks, making them point to a place that doesn't exist. The links all go to
2003srv\users\kylee\Quote Forms\Current Groups\Name of Group in column A. Everyone else on the network can click on the link and it goes where it's supposed to go. Mine, however, tosses file:///\\\2003srv\etc...

Anyone know why the extra characters are inserted and how to get rid of them? I've been opening them the regular way for a year, so it's obviously not that huge of an issue, but it would be nice to be able to click on the hyperlink.

Your help is very much appreciated.
~Ky