Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Combining sumIF statements with other functions?

Yes, you can do that, and you don't need vlookup. You want something
like this:

=SUMIF(A:A,"<=19999",B:B) - SUMIF(A:A,"<10000",B:B)

The first term adds all the dollar amounts where A is less than or
equal to 19999, and the second term takes away from that the dollar
amounts for when A is less than 10000, effectively giving you the
amounts for when A is in that range.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 27, 9:51*pm, Hopeless in Cincy <Hopeless in
wrote:
I am wondering can a 'sumif statement and vlookup formula' be combined to
provide a total of a range of numbers or maybe even combined with using
'greater than a number but less than another number' functions. *For example,
I have a range of 5 digit numbers in column 'A', and have dollar amounts that
correspond to those 5 digit numbers in column 'B', in a seperate tab I need a
formula that would look in coulmn 'A' for a range of numbers (for ex..
greater than 10000 and less than 19999) then give me the total of the
corresponding dollar amounts in column 'B'. *Is this possible or am I SOL????