Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default How do I write formula to check a range of cells?

What result do you expect from:

1325*4:50

You're multiplying a *time value* by an integer which evaluates as:

1325*0.201388888888889 = 266.840277777778

Is that the result you expect?

Try this:

=F2*VLOOKUP(F2,A2:C5,3)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Tayo" wrote in message
Please I have the following:
COLUMN A COLUMN B
COLUMN C
ROW1 500 1000
5:00
ROW2 1001 1500
4:50
ROW3 1501 2000
4:25
ROW4 2001 2500
4:00

How can I write a formula for excel to check the value of a number in
column
F check the row that the number will be fit in in the above table and use
the
value in column C of the above table to multiply the number. For example,
if
the value in column F is 1325, this number will fall in row 2, then I want
my
formula to now use 1325*4:50 (i.e. the value of C2 to multiply the
number).

Another example, if I have 2431 in column F, then the formula should be
2431*4:00.

How can I have a general formula that will cater for this?

All help will be appreciated please.
Thank you.