Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
upsidedown_pw[_2_] upsidedown_pw[_2_] is offline

Default Search multiple workbooks

I have a summary workbook which adds ups cells from a number of different
workbooks. At the moment I am using the formula ='documents and
settings...etc\[file name_a.xls]Sheet1'$J$11+'documents and
settings...etc\[file name_b.xls]Sheet1'$J$11+.....etc.........

Because of the file name sizes I have been forced to only add up 5 or 6 per
cell and have created a number of cells which I then total. The cells doing
the calculations have then been hidden.

This method i am aware increases the likihood of something going wrong so I
am wondering if there is a way I can ask the cell to go into the named folder
and search every workbook within it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!