Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default Frequency vs Count

However I didn't explain myself correctly ..
Now, believe I caught your intents correctly the first time round,
especially the COUNT and the list of variables in col B. But did you even try
out the sumproduct expression suggested in my response? It returns the
multi-criteria COUNT that you wanted, not "sum" as the function's name might
have unwittingly misled. Give the earlier a shot, do not dismiss it just like
that.
--
Max
Singapore
"Vanessa Simmonds" wrote:
Good Morning, All.

Thank you very much for your help.

However I didn't explain myself correctly.

The list of values on column B can also be 2 or "Absence" and I don't want
excell to sum it. I want it to count the frequency of numeral values
everytime column A is equal to Vanessa, David, Marly, Silas.

A B
1 Vanessa 1
2 David Absence
3 David Absence