Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lynda Lynda is offline

Default Password Protection of Document

I have designed a survey in Excel 2003. Once the survey is completed it is
sent by email via a submit button to selected recipients in our HR area.
Because staff change from time to time I need to keep going in and changing
the recipients. Because the surveys are staff-in-confidence, it was decided
at work to have the surveys sent to an email folder and I would see if we
could password protect the folder, I have since found out that I cant
protect the created outlook folder. So...What I would like to know is, is it
possible to put a code in the survey so that when it reaches its destination
it cant be opened without a password. The survey is on our intranet and is
accessed via a hyperlink in our HR web page. Would password protecting the
document with a code stop it from being opened on the intranet?

Cheers
Lynda