Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
egg_grader egg_grader is offline

Default Rounding in Excel

When I enter a number into a cell that has a formula I am using the results
are not accurate. For example when I enter a number 946399, I get a result
of 2628. The result I need to get is 2629. My problem is when the decimal
is .5 or greater the result is rounded down to the nearset whole number. By
using a calculator I get 2628.8861. My answer I am looking for should be
2629. Can you help? I am using MS Excel 2007. The formula I am using is
=QUOTIENT(G172,G171). Where cell reference g2 is a random number I enter,
and cell refernce g1 is a 360.
--
Egg Grader