Randy

Default Excel startup switches

I want to be able to click an an .xls, Excel spreadsheet file and have it so
when Excel starts it will use the /n switch. I want each file I click on to
start a new instance of Excel. I can easily do this by creating a shortcut,
but I cannot seem to get it to work when I just click on a spreadsheet file.
This is the behavior that Word exhibits if I click on a Word file. I want
Excel to work the same way.
I have seen posts on other sites which have indicated registry changes. I
have tried the suggestions without success. If anyone knows of a tried and
true way of doing this I would be grateful.

Thanks
--
Randy