Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Doug Doug is offline

Default Function shows repeating decimal?

I have the function =IMSUB(C520,B520) in cell D520.
B520 holds the value 990.22 & C520 holds the value 995.04.
The function returns the value 4.819999999999994.
Changing the format doesn't help any.
--
Thank you!

"Fred Smith" wrote:

You'll need to provide more information. Format works on any cell, because
it formats the results of the formula. Format can't be used to change the
results of a function, however.

Let us know what result you're getting, what you want instead, what's
"imsub" and how you want the repeating number represented.

Regards,
Fred

"Doug" wrote in message
I have two colums that have simple sum and imsub formulas in them. They
return a repeating number. I would like to have a simple 0.00 number in
these
cells. How can I do this? I tried to change the format, but apparently it
doesn't work on functions.