Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Averaging

Or, as Sam suggested, do an average to columns B & C, and then apply your
formula. It works out the same mathematically.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Luke M" wrote:

Not directly, because the output of this formula is text, and you've got the
values mixed in with text. If you're wanting to do averages, I would
recommend splitting this formula up into multiple columns.

Also, of note, this:
LEFT(TEXT(C2-B2,"mm:ss"),2)

can be simplified to simply:
TEXT(C2-B2,"mm")
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Hookette" wrote:

If I have a column of data that I got using this formula:

DATEDIF(B2,C2,"m") & " months " & DATEDIF(B2,C2,"md") & " days " &
TEXT(C2-B2,"hh") & " hours " & LEFT(TEXT(C2-B2,"mm:ss"),2) & " minutes"

is there any way to then get an average from that column. When I used the
regular average function that didn't work.

Thanks.