Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default IF Statement Help

Guess you mean you have 2 workbooks. I'd take a couple of minutes to
simplify/consolidate the base data set-up like this: Insert a new sheet in
your "2nd spreadsheet", then do a one-time manual sequential copy n paste
special as values (in row2 down) from each of your identically structured
"numerous pages", stacking the data up (stacking order is immaterial). Then
just paste over the col headers, and you can now easily apply/use autofilter
and do pivot table analysis as well. You could also move over your "1st
spreadsheet" into the same book, and start your formulating from there,
reading the consol data in the new sheet. Much, much simpler this way,
believe me. Hit the YES below, won't you?
--
Max
Singapore
"Deema" wrote:
I have two spreadsheets.

First spreadsheet contains 4 columns of data (A-D). A= sales rep,
B=customer, C=outbound, D=inbound.

Second spreadsheet contains numerous pages, all are indentical except that
each page contain data for a different sales rep.

I am trying to create an IF statement that would pull data from the first
spreadsheet for a particular tech. I tried this put it's not pulling all of
the data.

Below is basically searching column A for a sales rep by the name Wahlberg
and then if found taking the data in column B (customer) and putting it in a
column on my second spreadsheet.
=IF(sheet1!$$A$2:$A$200="Wahlberg",sheet1!$B$2:$B$ 200,"-")