Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Comparing Data

Based on your example, formula in column C would be:
=IF(OR(ISTEXT(B2),COUNTIF($B$2:B2,B2)1),"Mix","Pr imary")
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Jerry (the latin men)" wrote:

I am comparing data on two workbooks. I have the first part done. I use
vlookup, if, match formulas to get the data I want. Now my problem is this.
Column A = Items
Column B = Primary or Mixed

Data as follow.

100XX002 1
100XX015 2
205XX048 1
207XX048 A
495XX079 A
495XX079 B

This is what I need. If column "B" is a number then my Item is a Primary of
if column "B" is a letter then is a Mix, but if there is the same Item number
with both conditions (number and letter) then that items is a mix.
i.e.

100XX002 1 = Primary
100XX015 2 = Primary
205XX048 1 = Mix